Home of the original Molt Taylor Aerocar.
We are one of over 1000 EAA Chapters worldwide with the EAA Headquarters located in Oshkosh, WI. Our chapter and other chapters allow members to get together to enjoy the camaraderie of a group of people that share their enthusiasm for aviation. Our monthly meetings and activities contain a variety of programs that focus on sharing ideas to make aviation safer and more FUN. Our members include airline pilots, recreational pilots, aircraft mechanics, flight instructors, student pilots or other non-pilots simply with an interest in aviation. Our members come together to enjoy friendship of others who are interested in learning more about aviation or sharing their own knowledge. Our members interest include a variety of aircraft including ultra-lights, plans built aircraft, kit aircraft, high tech aircraft, vintage antique aircraft, aerobatic airplanes, helicopters, gliders and more. At our EAA Chapter we have the following goals to enhance aviation participation and awareness.
- Provide monthly meetings for pilots in the area to meet and collaborate.
- Provide encouragement & assistance for experimental aircraft builders for their projects and the maintenance of their airplanes. We have several EAA Technical Advisor members.
- Provide educational programs for members at monthly meetings on topics such as safety, airplane construction, weather, aviation products and many other aviation related topics.
- Help educate the public on various aspects of aviation and its benefits to the community.
- Provide Young Eagles flights and education for youth to encourage them to pursue a career in aviation. We also introduce adults to flying through the Eagles Flight program.
- Provide scholarships for youth to co-op cost of aviation related training expenses.
- Provide a social forum for members to meet for fly-out events and gatherings.
Our EAA Chapter was formed in 1995 and moved into our clubhouse at the Kelso airport in 2007. At our clubhouse we have a kitchen, dining area, meeting area and multi-media library. To read more about our club history click
Come join us at one of our
monthly meetings at our clubhouse, located at the Kelso airport. Our
meetings are held the first Thursday of the month with dinner served
staring at 6:00 PM and meeting at 7:00 PM. Click on the
Contact Us for directions to our clubhouse.