Voluntary hangar get together, with ‘benefits’
on Thursday, August 13 2020 starting at 5:30 PM.
KLS FBO hangar with seating space for social distancing, and at least one other hangar will be open for extra space and food will be available…come and hang out with us!
Please RSVP to help us anticipate attendance . E-mail at: EAA1111Kelso@gmail.com OR Text me at (858) 357-3812
Home of the original Molt Taylor Aerocar.
We are one of over 1000 EAA Chapters worldwide with the EAA Headquarters located in Oshkosh, WI. Our chapter and other chapters allow members to get together to enjoy the camaraderie of a group of people that share their enthusiasm for aviation. Our monthly meetings and activities contain a variety of programs that focus on sharing ideas to make aviation safer and more FUN. Our members include airline pilots, recreational pilots, aircraft mechanics, flight instructors, student pilots or other non-pilots simply with an interest in aviation. Our members come together to enjoy friendship of others who are interested in learning more about aviation or sharing their own knowledge. Our members interest include a variety of aircraft including ultra-lights, plans built aircraft, kit aircraft, high tech aircraft, vintage antique aircraft, aerobatic airplanes, helicopters, gliders and more. At our EAA Chapter we have the following goals to enhance aviation participation and awareness.
- COVID 19 update: monthly meetings suspended until further notice. Please check back to get the next general meeting date/time
- Provide monthly meetings for pilots in the area to meet and collaborate.
- Provide encouragement & assistance for experimental aircraft builders for their projects and the maintenance of their airplanes. We have several EAA Technical Advisor members.
- Provide educational programs for members at monthly meetings on topics such as safety, airplane construction, weather, aviation products and many other aviation related topics.
- Help educate the public on various aspects of aviation and its benefits to the community.
- Provide Young Eagles flights and education for youth to encourage them to pursue a career in aviation. We also introduce adults to flying through the Eagles Flight program.
- Provide scholarships for youth to co-op cost of aviation related training expenses.
- Provide a social forum for members to meet for fly-out events and gatherings.
Our EAA Chapter was formed in 1995. To read more about our club history click
Come join us at one of our monthly meetings located at the FBO Southwest Washington Regional Kelso airport. Our meetings are held the first Thursday of the month with social hour starting at 6:00 PM and meeting at 7:00 PM. Click on the
Contact Us for directions